No matter how wide our body is open, whether we are advanced or a yoga beginner: Yoga aids that help us to get deeper into the individual positions...Continue reading
10 tips for your daily meditation routine
Every beginning is difficult, this also applies to regular meditation practice. It takes some time and patience until we have established a habit in everyday life and it becomes routine. The good news: We humans love habits. Rituals that give our day a familiar structure. With these ten practical tips you will find your own personal meditation routine that suits you and gets you in the perfect mood for your day.
How do I establish a meditation routine?
We create a routine by constantly repeating a new behavior. So if you want to meditate permanently, you should actually reserve a small time slot for meditation every day. This requires perseverance and discipline. British researchers assume that it takes about 66 days to establish a routine. The secret is: don't give up and keep at it. Because those who persevere will be rewarded! Daily meditation, even if only for 5 to 10 minutes, helps us become calmer and more aware. Just a few conscious breaths ensure that the world around us turns a little more slowly. Anyone who meditates for just a few minutes a day will soon not want to be without it.
10 tips for your daily meditation
With these 10 tips, you can make your meditation a regular habit. Because behavioral change is a learnable skill. Try to exercise discipline, understanding and devotion, and meditation will soon become your constant loving companion.
- Change your perspective: Mediation is not a duty, but a privilege. You can run from a tiger, but not from your thoughts. Therefore, learn to control the words in your head - change your perspective and meditation will be easier for you.
- Meditation in the morning: Ideally, you meditate in the morning. Because your mind is still calm and it's a good way to start the day - and you won't have any excuses later to postpone your meditation practice.
- Make it your priority: If you decide to meditate at a different time of day, make it your priority. After all, it's about the health of your mind.
- Same time, same place: This simple credo helps enormously to develop new habits. Also, create a conducive environment in which to relax.
- Keep a journal and document your experiences in meditation. If you can't meditate, keep an "apology entry" - this may seem odd at first. But often, when we put the arguments on paper, we realize that it would be possible to meditate after all.
- Set up your own meditation room or meditation corner . This reminds you of your daily routine and is your individual place to draw strength.
- Keep at it, especially when you want to give up! Even if there are days when you don't manage to meditate, keep going! You will train your mind for the rest of your life and there will be days when your routine will be thrown out of shape. Don't let this discourage you and sit for at least a few minutes. That's better than nothing.
- Find a buddy who also wants to meditate daily and swap ideas with him/her.
- Don't have too high expectations. Every meditation will be different, there is no good or bad meditation practice. What is essential is that you sit down and take the time to exercise your mind.
- Meditation is not a technique but a lifestyle. According to studies, regular meditation makes you a more positive and happier person. For one this happens after a few weeks, for others it takes a few months. At some point the brain is reprogrammed and it no longer takes any effort to devote yourself to daily meditation. Certainly!
Once an activity has become a habit, we no longer need to remember it. It happens automatically, doesn't cost us any more effort and therefore increases our quality of life.
We wish that you can integrate the practice of meditation into your life as a wonderful daily routine.